Pages

Friday, February 21, 2014

Squat-A-Thon

Josh and I went to the high school weight room last night to 'pump some iron' - the last few times I have been less than enthusiastic to workout due to some stomach bug issues that I think are now resolved (been a rough winter on me).  On the way there Josh asked if I wanted a pre-workout drink and we stopped by his house and downed a shot.  The stuff is supposed to do all sorts of good things for the workout but it contains, for someone who does not drink much, a large amount of caffeine.  We got to the gym and started to workout and a couple of times I could feel my heart racing and even felt a bit lite-headed.  Needless to say, I can't hold my caffeine like I used to - so at least in one aspect of my life I am a lightweight.

Towards the end of the workout we decided to do a squat-off (I gave it this name, not sure how Josh feels about it).  We loaded the leg press machine with 135 pounds and did 25 reps.  We then reduced the reps by five and added 90 pounds.  When we got to the end - five reps at 495 pounds we decided to see who could do the most reps.  I wont go too far into the details but I will mention I won!!  I am certain though that my legs are the only area in which I am stronger than Josh and he quickly established this when he immediately afterwards challenged me to a burpee contest - I forfeited.

We finished up back at his house sipping back on a spinach and strawberry chocolate protein shake - at midnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment