Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Nowhere Fast

I feel that I am fully recovered from Saturday's ride.  In fact I went to spin class this morning and had one of my best workouts to date - burned 785 calories in about 45 minutes and 'covered' 23 miles.  After class I spent a short amount of time doing some work on the arms in the weight room.  

Last night Maria and I watched Extreme Makeover Weight loss Edition and can't believe the changes that can be achieved in just one year.  I like that the show does not uproot the people from their natural environment and for nine months of the transformation they are doing the work largely on their own. 

I am needing to find something to get me back on the right track with my diet.  I am doing well (not gaining) but not doing great (not losing).  I make several good decisions and then follow it up with one horrible.  Saturday for instance I weighed myself after the ride and was down 4 pounds.  I was ecstatic (just learned there are two Cs in ecstatic) - so ecstatic in fact that I treated myself to a ice cream sundae!!  I really have a bad problem with rewarding myself with food or justifying bad decisions because of earlier efforts.  Needless to say, when it comes to losing weight - I am going nowhere fast!

I am glad to see that at least one person is getting back on board with the "Family Winners" blog (get the back story here).  Hopefully I can milk some motivation from that but I am needing something much more.  The 100 Miles of Nowhere motivated me to get the miles under me that I needed to complete the ride but not to eat much better. 

Maria and I have a big idea in mind but we are going to wait until she births the little man child to announce and start that plan in motion.  In the mean time I am needing to find something to help me lose weight over the next two months.  Any and all ideas are welcome.

3 comments:

  1. I'll have to let you borrow the book Mindless Eating, when we get settled in AZ. It shows a lot of reasons we fail at dieting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lyle and I would love to join your plan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and Lyle might want to wait to hear what our plan is before jumping on. I plan to raffle something near and dear to me and I imagine Lyle too.

    ReplyDelete