Pages

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Spammed by My Best Friend

I don't call him my best friend for nothing.  When I went and checked the mail with the kids there was a large envelope in the box addressed to me from http://www.cyclegarb.com/.  I thought it may have been the 100MON shirt.  We got back to the house and I opened the envelope.  Inside was a shirt much more colorful than the one I was expecting from http://www.fatcyclist.com/.  I opened the inner bag and as I was unfolding the piece of clothing it was all coming back to me. 

Days earlier I had gotten a text from Rodney asking for my address.  I gave it to him without any additional question or inquiry as to why because I was driving and did not want to carry on a conversation more than what was necessary.  A day or two later (it may have even been the same day I don't recall) he texted again and asked if I liked spam.  I texted back and asked "the food or unwanted solicitation by mail?"  he replied "food" and I told him "heck yes, we used to eat it several times a month - why?" to which he replied "Watching a Monty Python skit and made me think of you and whether you liked spam or not."  If you knew Rodney this statement is fair enough explanation.  That is just how weird his mind works.  I left it at that.  Today though it all came together though (see picture).
 
My wife told me that as soon as I got a jersey I had to start riding legit without gym shorts over my bibs.  I told her that I was still going to wait until I got shoes and pedals (or loose another 35 pounds or more).   I have always been a believer that to wear spandex was a privilege not a right - so what do you think - to continue wearing gym shorts or not?  (see poll at right)

1 comment: